Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

This posting is coming from my cell phone. I am in Daytona Beach at the races. This is a trek I have made 33 times before. I love coming to the Daytona 500. This year is the 50th anniversary of the race and my last one here. You see, the races generally fall around Valentine's Day so I am not with my wife on Valentine's Day. She gets the cards, little gifts, flowers and of course a phone call but each year she is a little more depressed that I am here and she is somewhere else. She doesn't want to be here. She wants me to be where she is. So, I told her that this would be my last year here.

The races have been great. The weather has been interesting
I am staying in a tent in the infield at the track. First time that I've done this. I arrived on Tuesday morning. Tuesday afternoon and evening it rained and there were tornado watches in effect until Wednesday morning. Rain and wind but no tornados. Thank goodness! Wednesday night the lows were to be in the mid 40's. When I woke at 5, the temperature was 35. Brrrrr! Tonight is suppose to be close to 50. We'll see.

Hooters wings and scenery are still part of the journey mandatory events. Sat with some guys who went to Georgia. Good conversation, good wings and a pleasant waitress.

We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

2 comments:

RHS said...

Glad to see an update from the track Dad! Hope you are having a great time.

Tim said...

what kind of blog is this? the last update is from valentine's day, get with the times man and update this baby